I am excited to announce I will begin the next DBT Mindfulness & Skills Group for Adults the first week in June! It is now February, and I am now open to assessing potential clients for this group. All potential members must meet with me at least two times, first for an assessment to determine that the DBT group is a good fit for your treatment needs and second to determine specific treatment goals.
The group will meet on Wednesday evenings from 7-8:45pm.
After a successful first DBT series for adults that just ended last week, I have increased the sessions from 18 to 20 for all Adult DBT series going forward.
Adult participants receive:
- A group of no more than 6 participants
- Weekly mindfulness practice in group
- Relatable, personable, and yes FUN skills training with Katherine Zwick
- Weekly homework and in-group homework review
- Phone skills coaching Monday through Friday*
- Weekly group emails to assist with accountability and support for using skills
- HIPAA-compliant video-in capability for participants who are traveling or are sick and cannot be there in-person
- Weekly rewards for effective skills use
- Graduation ceremony to reflect on skills learned and goals for the future
*Within parameters set forth during the orientation